I'm a Portuguese software engineer, with a masters degree in Informatics and Computing by the Faculty of Engineering of University of Porto. I'm currently working at Zalando, an online fashion company. I was previously at Velocidi, an ad-tech company.
I'm mostly interested in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, Distributed/Parallel Systems and Computer Graphics, although I also find some of the more theoretical subjects of computer science interesting.
I love challenges and have entered various code jams and competitions, such as Sapo Codebits/Pixels Camp, Ludum Dare and JUMPin. I also keep enroling in free courses to try and learn new things.
Feel free to checkout my resumé (PDF Download) (the PDF might be outdated compared to the contents of this page).
Functional Programming Principles in Scala (2014)
Learning From Data (2013)
Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Computation (2013)
Introduction to Artificial Inteligence (2011)
- Senior Software Engineer at Zalando (2021 - ?) (Senior since 2023)
- Software Engineer at Velocidi (2018 - 2021)
- Software Engineer at ShiftForward (2014 - 2018) (Acquired by Velocidi)
- Member of AlumniEI
- Intern at INESC TEC (2013 - 2014)
- Member of NIAEFEUP (2013 - 2014)
- Computer Networks Student Assistant at FEUP (2013 - 2014)
- Artificial Inteligence Student Assistant at FEUP (2013)
- Program Organizer for ENEI 2013 (2012 - 2013)
- oAdaboost: An AdaBoost variant for Ordinal Data Classification (ICPRAM 2015)
- Ensemble Methods on Ordinal Data Classification (FEUP 2014)
- Property Based Tests in Scala (Velocidi Tech Talk 2019)
- An Introduction to Chip-8/Octo (Pixels Camp Lightning Talk 2016)
- RayMarching (ShiftForward Tech Talks 2016)
Feel free to check my open source projects on GitHub.